Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

21 February 2006

Out of the mouths of babes

One of my favourite things to say to my kids when they have lost something is... "well, if you cleaned up, maybe you'd find it."

One day Bonnie couldn't find her pyjamas in her bedroom, so as mother and "fixer of all things" I was dragged in there to locate the offending item. Her room was a pig sty, but as I could not be bothered with the yelling, screaming and crying (and that's just me), I looked at Bonnie and said "where could those pyjamas be?" Bonnie put her hands on her hips, looked me fair in the eye and replied "well, if YOU'D clean up MY mess, maybe you'd find them".

What can you say to that?

2 Comments:

At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey hey!! Woohoo another place to visit on the net daily.

Bonnie is funny as!! Did you try telling her that daddy cleans up..not mummy!!

Barb

 
At 10:55 am, Blogger Shelley said...

No, Daddy's idea of cleaning up and my idea of cleaning up are two completely different things. I consider it to be picking up all the junk that's been left laying around and putting it away. Napoleans idea is that it's to pick up all the junk that's been left laying around and creating neat piles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home