Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

17 July 2006

If you needed a licence to be a parent….

I’d be driving my kids illegally! I’m such a bad mother, no one in their right mind would give me a parenting licence.

It started about 4 weeks ago (well, actually it started at their births, but anyway) I realised school holidays were in 2 weeks and attempted to book Bonnie into vacation care but was told it was already full. I therefore had to organise a private baby sitter, which cost me a fortune (I guess that’s what happens when you drive children without a licence… all insurance is null and void)… but at least my little girl wouldn’t be left at home with the dog!

Last night, I re-hemmed Bonnie’s pants, ironed her uniform and polished her shoes ready for her first day back at school today. This morning at 6.30am Napoleon telephoned me from work to tell me it is a pupil free day today. “Fuckin’ what????” I’d made no arrangements for Bonnie and had to start making phone calls before the sun had risen to find out if anyone could look after her for the day. Thankfully, the first person I managed to wake up and piss off this morning was in a position to be able to look after Bonnie for the day.

Is it a good move to piss off your baby sitter on the day she’s baby sitting? Will Bonnie go hungry? Be neglected? Or just beaten due to sleep deprivation? I guess I’ll find out this evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home