Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

15 August 2007

I got screwed!

When Grandma died in February I ferreted through her costume jewellery and scored some amazing vintage pieces that will forever remain treasures to me.

There was also a lot of stuff I didn’t want to keep so took them to a vintage store to see how much I could get for them. There were 25 pieces (a pair of earrings = 1 piece, so does a pair of cufflinks) that the store was interested in and they offered me $250 for the lot.

I knew I was getting screwed but the saying “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush” is one I practically live by so decided to accept the offer.

Yesterday I had to venture to the other end of the city for work and decided to pop into said store to see how badly I got screwed… I’d expected about a 300% mark up… but to my utter dismay all of my pieces were marked up between 500%-700%.

Well, by the time I left I realised I’d been screwed so badly that I think my arse was bleeding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home