Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

10 December 2008

Presentation Day

We had "Presentation Day" at the kids school yesterday... and to make a short story as long as humanly possible....

The kids have an award programme at school... Jed has enough Merit Certificates for his Gold award (he's already got his bronze and silver)... and Grace has enough for her Silver Award... so we handed Jed's in a couple of weeks ago and Grace's last week.

On Friday I got the kids school reports (and I'm impressed) but Jed had a generic letter stapled to the front of his saying "your child will be recognised at the Presentation Day"... blah, blah... Okay so Jed's getting his Gold Award. There was nothing attached to Grace's and i figured we'd handed the Merits in too late and was living in hope she'd get it at the Presentation Day as well.

So I arranged to change my day off so I could go to the presentation day. I'm so glad I did... it was lovely. Grace is in the choir and they sang "Lollipop"... then the class awards came.

Each teacher gets 4 awards to award to students in their class. Every class seemed to have "academic achievement" and "most improved" but the other two varied with each class. They started with Kindergarten and Jed's teacher gets up and gives out three of the awards and on the fourth says... "for excellence in mathematics.... Jed"... I was so surprised and a mother next to me said "didn't you know?"... I said "no I got a letter that he'd be recognised but I thought that was his gold award"... she said "no they'll be given out at the assembly next Monday"... so now I know Grace is getting nothing!

So we go thru 1st class...

Then we get to second class... Grace's teacher gets up and gives out the first three awards and on the fourth... "to the girl who always gives me 100%.... Grace". The award actually reads "for consistent effort".

What can I say... I was so proud I could have exploded!

Then kindergarten does a dance (to Dancing Queen)... I had kids standing in front to me so I moved down the front to the side. All of kindergarten are facing the front doing their dance and Jed sees me at the side... turns 90 degrees and dances for his mum... stuff the rest of the crowd... i'm dancing for my mum! It was so cute!

2 Comments:

At 8:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel round girl. I did when it was you or your brother.

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger Shelley said...

What does that mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home