Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

05 April 2006

I Call It Manipulation

I always thought that when I had kids they’d call me Mum, but that’s just not the case. My children have their own little name for me. It’s “Mum-Can-I”. Every time the word “Mum” passes their lips, without fail the words “can I” come straight after it. Mum-Can-I have a lollie? Mum-Can-I watch a video? Mum-Can-I set fire to the house?

Tonight after hearing “Mum-Can-I” for the 27th time within an hour, I bit Bonnie’s head off… “WHAAAAAT?” and she says “Can I have a kiss?” I felt about an inch tall. God that kid knows how to push my buttons!

Mum, stop laughing at me!!

3 Comments:

At 8:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly....this is Ken from Santa Cruz Ca USA
I'm just learning about this blog stuff!! I hope in the future to post the many photos and cartoons I've created over the years!
Any waz...hello "down-under"! Ken

 
At 9:52 am, Blogger Shelley said...

Hi Ken, I'm just learning about blogging too. My girlfriend is a seasoned blogger and photographer, I suggest you check out her site...
http://www.blog.jinkyart.com.au/

 
At 4:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I did laugh. I had tears in my eyes from it. You just have to love Bonnie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home