Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

03 April 2006

I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet...

Bonnie and I went to Spotlight on Saturday to purchase supplies for the making of an Easter bonnet. She picked out a little straw hat and then feathers, flowers, butterflies, birds and ribbon with which to adorn it.

We got home and I mentioned lunch… no time for that… we have a bonnet to make!!!

What a jigsaw puzzle that was… Bonnie placed all the pieces on the hat to make sure she was happy with the way it looked and once she was, it was time for gluing. We beavered away ambitiously for about an hour until all said ornaments were firmly adhered to the hat. Bonnie put on the hat, I tied a bow under her chin and stepped back to inspect her masterpiece…

Well, it looked like a drag queen exploded on her head. I don’t think there were that many feathers at Mardi Gras… oh well, as long as she’s happy.


In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You’ll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade.
I’ll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I’ll be the proudest fellow in the Easter parade.
On the avenue, fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you’ll find that you’re in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet,
And of the girl I’m taking to the Easter parade

2 Comments:

At 12:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think she will look like a drag queen. She will look beautiful. But I am her grandmother

 
At 12:53 pm, Blogger Shelley said...

I didn't say she'd look like a drag queen... I said it looked like a drag queen exploded!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home