Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

06 March 2006

Nobody Likes a Smartarse!

I know every parent wants their child to be intelligent, more intelligent than we are ourselves… but I can live with being smarter than my 4½ year old and 2½ year old kids… or am I?

Yesterday Bonnie showed me a picture of a sphinx and said “This is the great stinks. It has the head of a human and the body of a lion”. I was quite impressed. I corrected her on “Sphinx” rather than stinks and asked who taught her about the Sphinx, to which she replied “Nobody, I saw it on Little Einsteins (a cartoon)”.

She then pointed to a picture of the Rosetta Stone and said “This is heiroglyptics”. Again, I was impressed. Again, I corrected her on “hieroglyphics” rather than heiroglyptics… but I don’t think it will be too long before she’s correcting me.

3 Comments:

At 11:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She will correct you like you correct me even now. Then you will know how it feels.
Love Mum

 
At 11:59 am, Blogger Shelley said...

That's not somethinK I look forward to!

 
At 12:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you do all day sit & watch your Blogger Site. Is this the way we are to keep in contact with one another. Least it keeps me in practice with this computer. You must admit I'am getting good at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home