Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

13 April 2006

The woes of a working mum

I’m feeling a little down today.

About an hour and a half ago, my beautiful little Bonnie had her Easter Hat parade at school. Napoleon couldn’t make it, neither could I.

I really didn’t want to watch 900 kids parade around in really bad hats, but I did want to be there so Bonnie would not feel left out because most of the other kids parents would be there.

Also, Bonnie was excited about the upcoming school holidays and when she told me I said, “Honey, I know it’s school holidays, but you have to go to vacation care at the school.” She was a little less than impressed so I tried to cheer her up by telling her about an excursion to the movies on the first day of vacation care. She still wasn’t very happy. I asked her, “how do you think you’ll get to the movies?” She didn’t know, so I told her she would be catching the bus. Her eyes lit up! She’s never been on the bus and she’s all excited about it now and cannot wait until vacation care starts.

I love you Bonnie, I’m sorry!

1 Comments:

At 9:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the excursion go? Bet she loved the bus ride. What movie did she see? Don't worry about not being there for the hat parade, bet there were lots of kids without parents there. You are a good mum & dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home