Who Gives a Damn?

The uninteresting ramblings of a wife, mother and secretary

23 August 2006

How nasty can a 5 year old be?

Bonnie and I were having a blue this morning after I said “no” to something she wanted. She asked again. Again I answered “no”.

She was pretty dirty by this stage and while her eyes were shooting daggers at me I could hear the wheels turning as she searched her limited 5 year old vocabulary to find an appropriate insult. At times like this I would normally use a four letter expletive, but I guess that’s a luxury a 5 year old doesn’t have. So I waited patiently as I couldn’t wait to hear what insult she’d come up with.

When she finally got it, she crossed her arms, jutted out her chin (like she was just waiting for an uppercut) and roared at me… “YOU’RE A MEAN LADY!” before turning abruptly on her heel, storming into her bedroom and slamming the door.

I couldn’t help it, I laughed so hard that I rolled around on the floor with tears streaming down my cheeks… and that just made matters worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home